Welcome!

Monday, July 27, 2020 North Carolina, USA

"find out / find out / what this fear is about" 

Hello there! If you're reading this, then that means two things:

1. That you have decided to support me. Thank you for that!

2. I have gotten the courage to finally start posting my writing.

It's always been my dream to be an author. I know you've heard me give the shpeal a thousand times over by now, so I'll skip that part. To make a long story short, I used to think that things would be as easy as emailing publishing companies and saying "here, take this and publish it," and that afterword my world would magically poof into that of Neil Gaiman's. Turns out, though, that's actually not how things work... and that's what brought me to this blog.

So, welcome to Anna Leslie Long, a self-titled blog where I plan to post my writing. This includes short stories, flash fiction pieces, poetry,

and personal essays. I've spent years trying to get shorter fiction published through literary magazines and online journals, but I've never once considered publishing something on my own. I think it's about time I actually get my name out there and stop being afraid of letting others read my work.

Thank you, again, for supporting this blog.

Post a Comment

© Anna Leslie Long . Design by FCD.